2019 Fall Cypress Photo Excursions
Dates Novemeber 15-17 2019, Novemeber 22-24 2019
Group Size 11 people maximum.
Price $1500 USD
Deposit $500 USD
Type of Photography Landscape Photography
Wild Louisiana Tours is excited to offer a 3-day intensive photo excursion into the virgin cypress forests of Louisiana. Over the many years of our exploration seeking out the most awe-inspiring locations in Louisiana, we have compiled a list of locations that would make any visitor’s jaw drop upon viewing them. We chose the prime window for weather in South Louisiana, and we are offering multiple small group photo excursions.
The fall in Louisiana can have cool weather and makes for some of the most photogenic conditions in the deep south. This is our best chance for misty fall mornings contrasting with beautiful red fall cypress leaves. Our locations have some of the last virgin cypress forest left in the entire country. We will paddle amongst these ancient giants akin to the Redwoods of the northwest.
What is Included?
- Photo Tour Guide
- All Kayaks and on the water equipment
- Transportation to and from New Orleans (if needed)
- Daily Transportation to and from lodging and photo locations (if needed)
- Daily Lunch and on the water snack
- Photo critique and class time
- On the water photo instruction
What is Not Included?
- Lodging accommodations, dinners, and drinks
- Trip cancelation insurance
- Rental cars if you drive yourself
- Photography equipment
- Waders, clothes, and other personal gear
- Gratuity and tips for guides
The virgin cypress forests of south Louisiana are a hidden gem. Most visitors will never see them. Join Joshua Hermann, a local landscape photographer and outdoor specialist to get in the right photogenic locations at the right time. Josh has explored the state from top to bottom, and will take you to the most secret spots available. These 1,000 + year old trees are a once in a lifetime experience for many. Let us guide you there. For an extremely detailed outline of the trip view our digital brochure here.